There are 3 types of financial advisers. Fee-only, fee-based (hybrid), and commission-only. Composed Financial is a fee-only adviser. Fee-based and commissioned advisers have inherently more conflicts of interest as they receive a portion of their income from commissions for selling products. Fee-only advisers are more likely to work towards your best interests.
The Typical Fee-Only Adviser
1) Tailored, personal service
2) Credentials (CFP®, CPA, or CFA typically)
3) Less conflicts of interest
4) No pushy sales tactics
1) Higher fees
2) Restrictions – high investment minimums
3) Discretionary only – must move money to preferred custodian
The Composed Financial Difference
We try to eliminate the disadvantages of the typical fee-only adviser. Our fees are significantly lower than the industry average, we have no investment minimums, and we don’t require you to move money to our preferred custodian.